Neighbourhood - Buildings

Former Dawes Brewery



Protection action

In 1974, the brewery's wooden addition, erected in 1861, was restored; it is now used by Lachine's recreation department. In the 1990s, a new glassed-in walkway linked the Brewer's House to the Warehouse Building, which was itself relinked to the Old Brewery via a refitted tunnel. Other renovations were carried out to create the Guy-Descary Cultural Complex.